Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pink Rose Cupcake Tutorial


You will need:
- Butter icing
- Wilton gel paste Pink
- Wilton gel paste Rose
- Wilton piping tip 2D
- Piping bag (Multix disposable piping bags are handy)
- Green fondant leaves (tutorial coming soon - or use spearmint leaf lollies)
- Silver balls (cachous/dragees)
- Pink cupcake cases
- Butter knife or small spatula
- Two bowls

Cook your cupcakes and allow them to cool completely (best if the tops of the cupcakes don't rise over the top of the cupcake case line). Divide the butter icing into two bowls, and tint one Pink and the other Rose.

Using a butter knife place a good size blob of Pink icing in the middle of your cupcake, and then slowly spread it from the centre out to the edges. After each spread wipe the excess icing off the knife back into the bowl. Spread it nice and flat and make sure you spread it gently into the ruffles of the cupcake cases so you cannot see any of the cupcake underneath.

Fill your piping bag with the Rose icing and slowly pipe a small swirl in the middle of each cupcake using the 2D tip.

Pop a silver ball on top of each swirl, and place two leaves at the base.

TAH DAH! Now you have a pretty little rose cupcake :) You can change the colour from pink to any colour you like.

3 comments:

Gab on May 7, 2009 at 11:35 AM said...

I love these rose cupcakes! I will try them myself, maybe for Mothers Day. Can you tell me where you order all your supplies from?

thanks, Gab

Michelle on May 7, 2009 at 12:59 PM said...

My favourite sites to buy from are West's Cake Decorations - http://www.cakedecoration.com.au/home.php, and http://www.cakedeco.com.au/.

I buy most of my supplies from West's Cake Decorations, and postage for both sites is $11.00. West's has a great colour range for sugar flowers!

If you need help finding anything on either site let me know and I'll get the link for you :)

I'm also a big fan of Multix products which you can get at your local supermarket - the pink cupcake cases I used are from a multi pack which contains large cases in pink, red, blue, yellow and green.I also like their pack of silver and white cases (I bake with both the white and silver cases together and I find it cooks the cupcakes perfectly).

Good luck with your Mother's Day cupcakes!

Gab on May 7, 2009 at 5:58 PM said...

thank you!

Post a Comment

 

Cupcake Sweets Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez